What did we do past four days…. floors, floors, floors..

Removing seats from the bus was very easy and quick task, but removing the tracks where seats were mounted took us four days! We extracted 366 bolts from the floor, one by one… The question was, what do you do to patch those 366 bolt holes??? We tried three different methods, which two of them totally did not work: Bondo Hair from Walmart (it was gooey disaster on the floor), then Bondo Putty from Home Depot (the putty just fall down through the bolt holes). Finally, we bought a fiberglass tape at Home Depot. Both of us working very quickly (before putty hardens) we applied putty over the tape. That solution seems helped mostly, but not 100%. Then we sprayed Rust Oleum over the floor to prevent/cover rust. The next day we got rubber sealant from Home Depot and spread over the floor, we hope that will help against leaking through original 366 bolt holes. Will see.. maybe..

366 bolt holes covered by rubber sealant paint

Leave a Reply